We supply many different Loft Access Hatches. Her are a few of the most popular.
LT2 Hinge down, ET3 Push up
A GWP and ODP rating of zero. Exceeds NHBC requirements. High impact white styrenic plastic UV stable smooth satin finish Decorative Frame LT = Hinge down, ET = Push up
SD 1 Hour Fire Rated
Exceeds Part “L” and NHBC requirements Air tested in UKAS accredited test house Lightweight Lid at 6.1kg Powder Coated in white satin (RAL 9010) Identical aperture to the
The energy conservation and air leakage requirements of Building Regulations (Approved Documents L and C) mean that a loft trap needs to be a high-performance product.
Site-constructed traps are no longer adequate. Glidevale Loft Hatches have been designed and engineered under BS EN ISO 9001 to meet these latest demands.
Each Glidevale Hatch comprises a frame which is fixed into a trimmed opening and has a seal to the ceiling and a trap door which is thermally insulated and has a flexible closed cell seal between door and frame.
- Integral seals significantly reduce water vapour migration into the loft space, reducing condensation risk.
- The seals also virtually eliminate heat loss by air movement around the trap door and exceed the airtightness requirement of the Approved Documents, as demonstrated by test.
- The traps provide continuity of thermal insulation at ceiling level, substantially reducing heat loss by conduction through the trap.
- Options with enhanced insulation meet the minimum U-value requirement of the Approved Documents.
- Optional key-operated security bolts for tenanted properties or public areas.
- Half-hour fire resistance option with Class 0 flame spread on AH7 model.
- One hour fire resistance on AH6 model
Timloc 1169 Hinged Loft Hatch 562 x 665 mm
- Frame Fitting Size 562 mm x 665 mm Required
- Clear Opening Size 526 mm x 626 mm
- Insulation U Value 0.82 W/m²k
Insulated hinged loft access hatch and frame sets to provide simple, easy access through ceilings into the loft space.
Loft doors with zero air leakage at Part L’s 50 Pa – under positive test conditions.
Featuring an integral anti-draught, vapour and condensation migration seal with a choice of insulation U value performances of 0.82, 0.35 and 0.25W/m2k.
Simple twist operated catch release with secure key lock option.
Tested by BRE (Building Research Establishment) as meeting Building Regulation Part L’s reasonable air leakage requirements of <10m3/(h.m2) at a pressure differential of 50Pa and BS5250:2011
- *air permeability measured at 50Pa as 0.00m3(h.m2) under positive pressure test conditions.
Designed to fit between 38mm thick trussed rafters or ceiling joists spaced 600mm centres which provide a clear joist opening width of 562mm.
Easy to use, from floor level, and cost effective dedicated loft door operating poles available for this range – to be ordered separately (not suitable for key lock variants).
Clean simple design that will blend well with most surrounding decors; with slightly textured finish that can be painted if required.
Concealed downward opening hinge mechanism allows use with telescopic loft ladder systems.