We supply many different Loft Access Hatches. Her are a few of the most popular.
LT2 Hinge down, ET3 Push up
A GWP and ODP rating of zero. Exceeds NHBC requirements. High impact white styrenic plastic UV stable smooth satin finish Decorative Frame LT = Hinge down, ET = Push up
SD 1 Hour Fire Rated
Exceeds Part “L” and NHBC requirements Air tested in UKAS accredited test house Lightweight Lid at 6.1kg Powder Coated in white satin (RAL 9010) Identical aperture to the
The energy conservation and air leakage requirements of Building Regulations (Approved Documents L and C) mean that a loft trap needs to be a high-performance product.
Site-constructed traps are no longer adequate. Glidevale Loft Hatches have been designed and engineered under BS EN ISO 9001 to meet these latest demands.
Each Glidevale Hatch comprises a frame which is fixed into a trimmed opening and has a seal to the ceiling and a trap door which is thermally insulated and has a flexible closed cell seal between door and frame.
- Integral seals significantly reduce water vapour migration into the loft space, reducing condensation risk.
- The seals also virtually eliminate heat loss by air movement around the trap door and exceed the airtightness requirement of the Approved Documents, as demonstrated by test.
- The traps provide continuity of thermal insulation at ceiling level, substantially reducing heat loss by conduction through the trap.
- Options with enhanced insulation meet the minimum U-value requirement of the Approved Documents.
- Optional key-operated security bolts for tenanted properties or public areas.
- Half-hour fire resistance option with Class 0 flame spread on AH7 model.
- One hour fire resistance on AH6 model